Thursday, January 20, 2011

Children Of Terra Devepment


After settling in Thailand with my girlfriend, I set to work writing the story in my spare time. Living on the grounds of the school I was teaching at gave me the chance to work on my project when ever I have a second spare, in and out of the office.

The whole process was overwhelming at first. I'd not really written anything with a narrative for years, and was unfamiliar with the graphic novel format as a writer. It took a lot of time and patience, a virtue I lack at times, but soon all the notes and scribble became my first draft.

In the breaks taken from writing I found relief in developing my characters further visually, from sketches I had made on the move. It felt good to be working with a media that I was more familiar with and gave me time to think about the structure of the story on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment